Jun 20, 2011

Free money is free. If you don't want it, I'll take yours.



You might notice that this blog is SWIMMING in ads. You might, after noticing this, begin to wonder why if FredtheMonkey.com is ad-free, this blog is not. And at that point you might need to sit down because you are winded from thinking so much.

Look, JKR is like a father to me, and bless his lunatic mind for giving me life. I can’t in good consciousness speak badly about the guy. But frankly, he’s an idiot. Thousands of people come visit that crummy website of his every single day, and he doesn’t bother capitalizing on it! Which is why this blog post is titled “Why people who turn down free money are OUT OF THEIR MINDS.”

If you have the opportunity to get free money and you don’t, what is wrong with you? Maybe you don’t understand how money works. I’ll explain it to you, because I’m a nice guy like that. You use money to buy stuff, like pizza and shoes. If you can get money for free, it is like getting pizza and shoes for free!

From what I understand, some people keep their websites ad-free as some sort of noble gesture because folks who browse the internet prefer not to be drowned in a sea of advertisements. That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard! If you’re making a website that people want to go to, then who cares what they think? They’re coming to your website already! Like you, who’s reading this now. You’re already here, so what do I care if you’re annoyed that I put up ads? I’m going to make a million dollars! (I actually don’t really understand how putting up ads gets you money, only that it does and I assume it will be roughly a million dollars.) Once I have my million dollars I can pay people to come to my website, so if you’re annoyed it doesn’t matter. In fact, you’re the one missing out at that point because you could be one of the saps I hired to come to my blog and post “Ho ho! Good show old bean! This web log is the best web log I’ve ever read!” in the comments section.

My only issue is that they won’t let me put up MORE ads. Apparently you can’t swap the posting area and the ads in the sidebar to the right there. Think of how many more ads I could put in THIS spot! So, so many… And to be clear, I’m not selling out or anything. That will come later once Nike approaches me about endorsing their basketball shorts or something. Maybe Food Network will offer me my own line of cookware even though cooking for yourself is stupid because you can just go buy precooked food and microwave it. Oh and I’ll probably get my own cereal, and it’s going to be ENTIRELY those little marshmallows.  Scebby’s Charms or something. THEN I’ll be selling out! Mmm, yeah, that’ll be sweet… (Literally, considering the cereal will be 100% tiny little sugar rocks.)

Long story short, you’d be a fool to put up your hands and say “No, I must decline your free buckets of cash because I have some stupid benevolent objection to small rectangles of text.” It’s free and it isn’t hurting anyone. In fact, maybe it’s helping people, because they see the ads and think “I WAS just wondering what happened to my old college roommate and wanted a way to stalk him/her” and click on the link. So really, I’m doing people a favor. I’m practically a SAINT.

12 comments:

  1. Ho ho! Good show old bean! This web log is the best web log I’ve ever read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sii your point, Sceb, but i must say you don't have enough to convince mii that you are serious about this. If i look on the sides of the web page right now, this far down the page, i do not sii any ads. Try to get TeeMagnet or ThinkGeek ads. or maybe movie ads?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Papytendo the Tea GirlJune 20, 2011 at 12:33 PM

    I agree

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Kaspersky, it blocks all ads :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I have Kaspersky, it blocks all ads :) "

    Get off my blog, you filthy freeloader. That should be illegal. I need that money to eat and buy video games, dang it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why can't you just have people donate money to you but you say it goes to a charity. It might be illegal, I don't know.

    - Your Third Fan...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just unliked Fred's Facebook page. Don't even know why I liked it in the first place. Probably because of JKR.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ho ho! Good show old bean! This web log is the best web log I’ve ever read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Sceb, does the money you get from ads finally allow you to buy a 3DS? I'm assuming you don't have one yet, unless you stole the money, stole the 3DS, or convinced the clerk at the store to give it to you for FREE. (I'm assuming the latter is the most correct answer.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, you might want to check this link out: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fred-the-Monkey/125440636191

    ReplyDelete
  11. The link above is spam, click on it if you want a virus.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should setup a pay-pal link so people can donate money to fund your world domination plans or buy more EVIL pens.

    ReplyDelete

Don't post stupid comments. If you have to ask yourself if your comment is stupid, then it probably is so save us all some time and don't bother posting it. You can change it so it isn't stupid, but if you didn't get it right the first time I don't have high hopes that a revision will help. Just sayin.